Tired of police scanners which claim to be easy to program, but are an absolute pain in reality? This all-too-common plight may seem nearly ubiquitous in the world of police scanners—but there are some exceptions, one of which is the Uniden BCD536HP.
Uniden describes the Uniden BCD536HP by stating, “HomePatrol Programming makes it the easiest-to-program mobile professional scanner we’ve ever made.” Again, a lot of companies claim to be making easy-to-program police scanners, but the BCD536HP is the rare model which lives up to high expectations set by those lofty claims.
This means that if you are a beginning user who feels overwhelmed at programming other police scanners, you should find the BCD536HP to be a welcome relief. If you are an advanced police scanner user who is already skilled in programming, you should still think about getting the BCD536HP. The ease of programming is complemented by a number of other sophisticated features. These include digital trunking, emergency and weather alerts, and quick recording and playback, just to name a few. The BCD536HP provides coverage in the US and Canada.
- Truly easy to program. This is not just another police scanner which claims to be easy to program but actually is a real hassle to program in real life. It does take some time and there is some learning involved, but you should find it pretty approachable even if you are a novice.
- TrunkTracker V. This feature allows you to listen in on systems which are using digital trunking. This is very much the norm nowadays, so if you choose another product which does not include it, you will miss out.
- Weather alerts. The S.A.M.E. weather alerts which are included with the scanner update you on conditions in your geographical area.
- Recording and playback. A Micro SD card comes with your purchase of the BCD536HP. You can record directly to the card and use it for playback as well.
- Base/mobile design. This unit is designed so that it can be used as a base station or it can be mounted in a vehicle for use on the road.
- Backlighting. This device includes backlighting both in the keypad and the LCD screen. That way you can use the scanner easily even at night. It is worth mentioning at this point as well that the finish on the scanner is very nice, and it has a real solid, stylish look to it.
- Lots of other features. The BCD536HP is overflowing with great features. Some of these include location-based scanning, fire tone-out alert, system analysis and discovery, a wi-fi link you can use for remote access, CTCSS/DCS rapid decoding, enhanced dynamic memory, narrowband reception and more.
- Some units have shipped out with a design flaw. This flaw causes the battery to drain if you do not turn on the scanner every few days. Thankfully most units do not seem to be affected.