Those in search of a portable shortwave radio which provides a lot of great features at a very reasonable price will want to consider looking into the Sony ICF-SW7600GR. Sony is of course one of the biggest names in the world of consumer electronics, and for good reason. This brand produces a lot of great equipment, and its line of shortwave radios is no exception.
The Sony ICF-SW7600GR was made to have a low profile; it measures only 7-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ x 1-2/5″. Its sleek, stylish design means that it will look great wherever you decide to set it. You can easily fit it into your luggage or backpack if you are on the go.
Its compact multifunction design means that it is ideal to bring with you while you’re on your travels. You can use it to listen to news or music, and it can even wake you up in the morning, and let you know what time it is anywhere in the world. With 100 station presets, it is almost effortless to select anything you want to listen to.
- Includes “My Memory” tuning. This special feature is able to memorize and scan as many as 100 frequencies. You can ensure that your preset station settings do not change on accident by using the hold button. The wide frequency range means that you are able to tune into stations around the globe. While you are abroad, you can keep up with news from home.
- Great reception and sound quality. If you want to maximize both, you should consider using the shortwave radio with the Sony active loop antenna. The volume and clarity are both pretty solid—even comparable with far more expensive radios.
- Amazingly compact. Few other shortwave radios which pack in as many features as this one are this small. It is great for travel or for saving space at home. Note that it is not the most lightweight shortwave radio you might encounter. This is not necessarily a bad thing, however, as it speaks to the radio’ s solid build. This is important if you are going to be bringing the radio with you while traveling.
- SSB reception with 1kHz step tuning. This feature provides for a high level of sensitivity and selectivity, enabling precision tuning.
- Lots of other great features. Along with the features just discussed, the shortwave radio includes everything else you could ask for. There is a 3.5mm headphone jack, a set of built-in antennas, a bright, clear LCD display, a dual world time clock feature, dual standby function, and plenty more.
- Not all that intuitive. While this radio may look relatively simple, it is not all that intuitive. This is not to say that it is not easy to use once you learn how, but you probably will not figure it out if you are not looking closely at the manual.
Disclosure: TwoWayRadioTalk.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.