Interested in a high-quality motorcycle Bluetooth headset from Sena? You have a lot of different options since the entire range of Sena headsets includes excellent usability and features. Each Sena headset is ideal for one purpose or another, however, and if you are looking specifically for a product which is lightweight and has a low profile, you should think about the SMH10R.
The SMH10R is designed to be slim and unobtrusive compared to the many bulkier headsets which are on the market. The product dimensions are only 5.5 x 8.3 x 2.9 inches. This can make for easy installation as well as more comfortable wear.
With its small size, buyers might be concerned that the Sena SMH10R compromises on features, but nothing could be further from the case. On the contrary, the SMH10R provides you with everything you need to enjoy radio or playlists, make calls via the intercom or your phone, or find your way using GPS. With voice prompts and hands-free control, you are able to ride safely and stay in touch with your buddies on the go.
- Long talk time. You can get up to 8 hours of talk time on a single charge. It takes 2.5 hours to get a full charge. So long as you charge it each night, you should be able to use it for most of the next day.
- Universal compatibility. This headset is equipped with the Universal Intercom protocol. This makes it possible to talk to riders who are wearing headsets manufactured by other companies. The intercom system is quite versatile; it can even be used for conference calls on your cell phone.
- Good range. You can get up to around half a mile of range with these headsets.
- Hands-free operation. There are helpful voice prompts which you can use to control your headset without the use of your hands.
- Audio levels are adaptable. Sena Advanced Noise Control works to screen out interference from background noise as you talk or listen to music. Additionally, the audio levels automatically increase if you are in a particularly loud location. That way you do not need to constantly adjust the volume yourself.
- Installation is easy. Most motorcycle helmets are compatible with the Sena SMH10R. So you should not have a problem getting up and started quickly and easily with the basic supplies which come in the box.
- The low profile is comfortable and attractive. With the slim design, this unit is less of a hassle all around than a lot of competing products, and it looks a lot better on the helmet.
- Some defective units have shipped. It is possible for the SMH10R to not charge out of the box. Thankfully this problem seems to only have affected a small batch. Sena is known for its customer service, so you do have a recourse if this happens to you.