With most walkie talkies, incoming signals sound fuzzy and crackly. But with the Retevis H-777, you get surprisingly clear audio. Unlike many two-way radios on the market, this walkie talkie even sounds good in urban environments.
If you need an indoor walkie talkie to use in a bar or restaurant, the Retevis H-777 is an excellent choice. You’ll begin to lose the signal if you get too far away, but so long as your staff stays in the general area you’ll be able to stay in communication with them– even if they step outside for a smoke.
Like Midland’s GXT1000VP4, the Retevis H-777 comes with a headset. Security personnel will like the Retetvis H-777’s CIA style earpiece. Audio comes in loud and clear, plus the headset’s built in mic works well in noisy locations.
Another interesting thing about the H-777 is that you can change its transmitting frequencies by plugging it into a computer. The free software that comes with the walkie talkie caters to advanced users. But it’s easy to use if you are familiar with the technical lingo used by advanced two-way radio operators.
- Works well in cities. Very few walkie-talkies work well in urban environments. However, the H-777 does a fairly good job. In cities, you can communicate well from about 1.5 miles away.
- Comes with an earpiece. The coiled wraparound earpiece looks like the kind used by professional bodyguards.
- Used by the US Navy. The US Navy has trusted Retevis to take care of its two-way radio communication needs.
- Programmable frequencies. If the H-777’s stock frequencies are illegal where you live, no problem. Just use Retevis’ free software to reprogram your device.
- Built-in LED flashlight. Like Motorola’s MR350R, this walkie talkie comes with a built-in light. The H-777’s light is quite powerful and can help you get around in the dark if an emergency situation arises.
- High quality speaker. The H-777 really shines when it comes to audio clarity. Incoming messages sound crystal clear.
- Sleek, professional design. The H-777’s all-black design and professional looks demonstrate that this walkie talkie is not a toy.
- The included earpiece works quite well, but it isn’t very comfortable.
- If you drop this walkie talkie, it will probably break. The plastic shell is quite sturdy, but it’s not protected by rubber.