The MR350R Talkabout is similar to the MS350R. However, there are a few key differences between the two products that make the MR350R better for camping.
The MR350R version of the Talkabout is a little bit easier to use if you’re wearing gloves. In contrast, the MS350R has tiny buttons that are hard to finger when you’re wearing hand protection. But the makers of the MR350R designed knobs and buttons that are easy to control even if you’re wearing gloves. So for cold weather campers, the MR350R is the better choice.
Besides the easy-to-operate controls, another feature of the MR350R comes in handy when you’re camping: the built in LED light. If you get caught out in the wilderness in the dark, the built-in light is strong enough to allow you to find your way back to camp.
If you like to take your family out camping, a walkie-talkie like the MR350R can really come in handy. If your sons or daughters want to go for a walk by themselves, just give them a Walkabout and let them be on their way. If there is a problem or if they get lost, they can easily get in touch.
- Built-in LED light. The efficient LED light uses a small amount of energy. Yet, it’s powerful enough to help you find your way in the dark.
- Large buttons and dials. This walkie talkie is super easy to use, even if you have to wear bulky gloves.
- Much cheaper than a smartphone. If you lose or damage your smartphone while camping, you’ll be sorry. That’s why it makes sense to pick up a cheap yet effective walkie talkie like this one.
- USB charging option. You can charge this walkie talkie using a wall plug, a car charger or with a computer. Alternatively, you can use the dual charger stand that comes with the MR350R.
- Great battery life. A standard battery keeps you going for up to 23 consecutive hours. The rechargeable batteries that come with the MR350R last for 8 hours.
- Recieves weather alerts. The NOAA weather channel allows you to seek shelter in advance of incoming foul weather.
- 35 mile range. Like many consumer radios, the MR350R has a max range of 35 miles in perfect conditions.
- The MR350R’s case is lightweight, but it isn’t very durable. It will break if you drop it on a hard surface.
- This walkie-talkie is not waterproof. If it starts to rain, you’ll need to find a way to keep it dry.