One of the great things about Motorola when you are shopping for business two-way radios is that this brand has an ideal model for just about every situation and set of needs. This coupled with high quality, rugged materials and ease-of-use is exactly what sets the manufacturer apart from competitors.
The Motorola CP200d was designed with two main objectives in mind: to be simple to operate and budget-friendly. Both analog-only and digital/analog models are available. If you choose the analog-only model, you have the alternative later to switch over to using the digital version—and process which you will find fast and easy. This makes the CP200d a flexible solution for business communications.
As a well-balanced radio, the CP200d features good battery life and 4 watts of power; it is also repeater capable. Its frequency range covers VHF (136-174 MHz) and UHF (403-470 MHz). Although it does not have a whole lot of bells and whistles, the price is right if you just want to get a solid, functional radio which is going to meet the basic needs of your workplace.
- Go with analog or digital; it’s your choice. If you prefer a purely analog radio now for reasons of compatibility, you can choose to purchase an analog-only version of the CP200d. If however you prefer digital, you can go that route for improved range, audio and battery. Since that version of the CP200d is digital/analog and not just analog, you can still use it to communicate with other analog radios as well as digital ones.
- Upgrading from analog to digital later is simple. If you buy an analog-only version of the CP200d and later change your mind, you can upgrade it to support digital. You do not need to trade in the hardware. Just upgrade the software and you will be all set.
- Transmit interrupt. Do you sometimes need to interrupt a conversation to deliver vital information? With this feature, you can do just that, ensuring that everyone is on the same page when you need them to be at the exact moment when it matters.
- IP54 protection. While this device is not actually waterproof, it does feature IP54-rated protection, which means that it is safe from both splashes and dust. This is a nice feature considering the price range and the otherwise “basic” nature of the radio.
- Programmable. Programming your two-way radios doesn’t have to be hard with the help of the Radio Management Suite. With this tool, you can use a template in order to program your radios all at once. That way you are not stuck programming just one at a time. This can save a lot of time in the workplace.
- Not a whole lot of advanced features. There are other business two-way radios by Motorola which pack a whole lot more features in than the CP200d. Not everyone needs those bells and whistles, however, making this an affordable alternative.