Many two-way radios come with a headset jack. But the GXT1000VP4 comes with a very solid Midland “boom” style headset. It’s the perfect walkie talkie for paintball.
When you’re playing paintball, you need your hands to control your weapon. You don’t have time to fiddle with buttons and knobs when you’re trying to communicate. That’s why the GXT1000VP4’s headset is so useful. It can fit inside any paintball helmet. And the VOX feature turns your microphone on automatically when you start to talk.
The GXT100VP4’s range is similar to what you get with a commercial walkie-talkie device. In perfect conditions with no obstructions, you can communicate up to 36 miles away. But in normal outdoor environments, the GXT100VP4’s practical range is somewhere around 2 miles. Still, that’s more than enough power to cover most types of paintball fields.
As long as your team stays in range, whatever they say will come in loud and clear. If you don’t want the other team listening in on your conversation, just use one of the device’s 285 different privacy codes.
If you get surrounded, just fire off an SOS signal to alert your whole team to the fact that you’re in a jam. Once they get the signal, your teammates will come rushing in to help you out.
- Private communication. The GXT1000VP4’s extra channels and nearly 300 privacy codes will keep your opponent from listening in on your strategy.
- Comes with a headset. The boom headset that comes with this walkie-talkie works surprisingly well. It’s built to be used with the GXT1000VP4.
- 3 year warranty. This walkie talkie is built to last. That’s why Midland has backed up this product with a 3 year warranty.
- Alert siren. Use the SOS siren to alert anyone who is listening that you’re in trouble.
- Works in the rain. This walkie talkie is JIS4 certified. That means that light rain or splashes of water won’t slow it down.
- Captures NOAA weather alerts. Like most modern two-way radios, the GXT1000VP4 can receive weather alert broadcasts.
- 35 mile max range. If the GXT1000VP4 was any stronger, it would be illegal. In perfect conditions, it has a 35 mile range. On the paintball field, your range is limited to about 2 miles.
- The GXT1000VP4 doesn’t work so well when there are lots of buildings around. If you’re looking for a walkie talkie that works well in urban areas, keep shopping.
- To charge this walkie talkie, you have to use the included charging stand. There’s no USB charging option.
Disclosure: TwoWayRadioTalk.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.