Looking for a powerful satellite phone from Inmarsat, one of the world’s leading brands? Look no further than the IsatPhone 2. The company promotes this phone with three key words: Ready, Reliable, Robust. These three words do a great job summing up the phone’s strengths.
The IsatPhone 2 is ready to go at any time thanks to its long talk and standby time. Setup is ridiculously quick and easy; it takes under a minute to get the phone registered.
This phone is reliable because it depends on a global network of geostationary satellites.
It is robust because it has been built to stand up to the elements. Rated IP65 and IK04, it is protected from dust and splashes of water as well as shock damage. It is able to operate in temperatures as low as -20 degrees Celsius or as high as 55 degrees Celsius. It can work in exceptionally dry climates with 0% humidity, but it also can operate in very moist environments (up to 95% humidity).
As you would expect from any Inmarsat phone, it is packed with a number of other fantastic features as well.
- Excellent talk time and standby. There are a lot of satellite phones which only give you 4-5 hours of talk time. The IsatPhone 2 gives you 8. And instead of confining you to just 20-30 hours of standby time, you get 160. That makes it a great choice for off-the-grid locations.
- Lots of call features. This phone allows you to use caller ID, check your call history, and also make use of features such as call waiting, call divert, and call conferencing.
- Message family, friends or co-workers. With the IsatPhone 2, you can send emails or text messages.
- Get help in an emergency. If you need assistance, you can push a button to send out a distress call. Because the device has GPS enabled, your location will be transmitted as well.
- The antenna can be stowed inside the phone. This helps to keep the profile of the phone as small as possible so that you can carry it easily in your hand or your pocket or backpack. Even when the antenna is stowed away, the phone will let you know if there are any incoming calls.
- The Inmarsat network may not be ideal for all users. If you will be near either pole, or you expect to lose line of sight with the sky, an Iridium phone may be a better fit for your needs. You can find maps of the Inmarsat network coverage area on the company’s website.